Halo Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halo Revolution

Join The Revolution

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Halo Rev LAN Play

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Angus
Marine

Halo Rev LAN Play Empty
PostSubject: Halo Rev LAN Play   Halo Rev LAN Play Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 5:44 am

No idea if this was made already, but since the upcoming version of Revolution is going to have LAN play, a Hamachi server or 2 should be made so players can play with others over a virtual LAN. If you don't know what Hamachi is, google it, because I don't want to put the link in here due to my laziness.
Back to top Go down
hotshotscott
Halo Revolution Leader
hotshotscott

Halo Rev LAN Play Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Rev LAN Play   Halo Rev LAN Play Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 4:09 pm

We have tried using hamachi to connect, but failed. We think the problem was a few things;
* We tried using 2 different versions to connect, we then changed so we were both the new version and still no connection.
* I'm behind a router, so that causes enough problems already with port forwarding etc.
* I'm on XP, while the other team mates are on Vista and Mac.

I'm not too familiar with hamachi, and i'm not sure if these would be the problem with connecting not working? Do you have any idea if those things would disrupt the connection??

Scotty
Back to top Go down
http://halo-revolution.niceboard.net/index.htm
Youngling
Spartan Officer
Youngling

Halo Rev LAN Play Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Rev LAN Play   Halo Rev LAN Play Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 7:27 pm

That would be cool to have, but with my experience with routers, LAN, and internet connections it's just too much trouble with a router to do much at all.
Back to top Go down
hotshotscott
Halo Revolution Leader
hotshotscott

Halo Rev LAN Play Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Rev LAN Play   Halo Rev LAN Play Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 1:21 am

Yes, but it wouldn't matter because i wouldn't have to keep a server going or anything. From your experience, do you just start up hamachi, join someones connection on hamachi, then you're able to play the LAN games?
Back to top Go down
http://halo-revolution.niceboard.net/index.htm
Sponsored content

Halo Rev LAN Play Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Rev LAN Play   Halo Rev LAN Play Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Halo Rev LAN Play
Page 1 of 1