Halo Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halo Revolution

Join The Revolution

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Whats the latest goss

Go down 
AuthorMessage
hotshotscott
Halo Revolution Leader
hotshotscott

Whats the latest goss Empty
PostSubject: Whats the latest goss   Whats the latest goss Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 4:40 am

Well i figure that there's not much happening on these forums, except for in the team section (we have a LOT of posts), so i figure it would be best to tell you guys what's going on ect, what the latest goss is ect.

I'll start up by telling you that we've made some AMAZING progress in the last week, SO much got done even today. I have added weather to the game (snow, rain, storms) and it's pretty cool. The only difference from 'storms' and 'rain' is that storms have lightning, and the lightning does a lot of damage. It can light trees on fire, blow up explosives ect. I have also added some particle effects, for when the mongoose and warthog drives through snow, on grass and on sand. Basically these types of dust fly up from under the wheels. Being in the 'Particle' mood, i added a cool particle effect for the spartan laser. It's hard to describe, so i guess you'll just have to wait.

The Cutimizable armour (colour) is pretty much completed. There is a 'few' sprites that still need doing, but should be done by tomorrow or so. Also, you can now change the size of the room in the level editor, and this information is stored inside of your maps. When loaded, the room will adjust to the size of that map.

As I speak, the team are testing the WIP of V5 to find bugs ect, and also because none of them have played or even seen the new stuff since you guys have Wink Only I have been playing it all this time...

That's all for now, I will post in this topic every few days or maybe once a week, so that you are always being filled with the games progress.

Thanks,

Scotty
Back to top Go down
http://halo-revolution.niceboard.net/index.htm
hotshotscott
Halo Revolution Leader
hotshotscott

PostSubject: News update!   Whats the latest goss Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 12:53 am

Ok guys well i've been slack again with these updates (I actually forgot), so here we go. (I've been away for a while).

Just lately i've been working on the HR profile system, and also a new menu. So far so good. Profile system works without any trouble, saving all of your information such as Name, Rank, Helmet, Emblem, Colours (Armour/Emblem), Current Level, Last saved checkpoint. The system has been tested many times, and there's no problems with it whatsoever. It's a fairly good system, allowing you to do this:
* Create Profiles (Obviously)
* Add/Change/Remove Password
* Delete Profiles (Sorts the list)
* Change Name
* Change Colours/Helmets/Emblems

Everything is successfully stored when you log out, and all of your information will be there for when you return Smile

Im still working on the Menu, im hoping to get it done by V5 which is in a week. That's right, 1 WEEK!!!! That's the deadline, whether we're ready or not. Better get back to work then!!

Scotty
Back to top Go down
hotshotscott
Halo Revolution Leader
hotshotscott

PostSubject: Re: Whats the latest goss   Whats the latest goss Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 10:25 pm

Well with the release only 3-4 days away, I, as well as the other team members have really had our heads down trying to get as much completed as possible. The profile system has been added and it works perfectly, no flaws at all. You can successfully custimize your character (very easy to do), and then play as him in the level editor. The menu's have been redone, but because it's only 3 days away to the release date, we won't be making them final (Im going to spend a lot of time on them after this release). If i have time, i'll put together a 1-2 minute map for you guys to play in the campaign, and i'll also make a map in the level editor, showing you how good you can make them these days. Hopefully you guys won't get bored with the level editor, because there's a heap of objects that have been added since the last version.

Well that's enough talking, i have to get back to work Smile

Talk to you in a few days, for the release!!!! How exciting!

Scotty
Back to top Go down
hotshotscott
Halo Revolution Leader
hotshotscott

PostSubject: Re: Whats the latest goss   Whats the latest goss Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 3:33 am

Because of the enoying errors caused by the enemies that make you exit the game, i have uploaded which is HOPEFULLY an enemy error fixed version. Hopefully this error does not occur anymore, so you can add enemies to your maps with no problems. Please Note!! I have not re-written the enemy AI yet, they're exactly the same as they were in the last release, except they do not give you unknown variable errors.

I have updated the link in the 'Download Halo Revolution' page. Please re-download the game, and lets hope that these errors are gone. When i re-program the AI (Totally redoing the enemies), these errors will be totally fixed, and the AI will be great Smile

Thanks,

Scotty
Back to top Go down
hotshotscott
Halo Revolution Leader
hotshotscott

PostSubject: Re: Whats the latest goss   Whats the latest goss Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 10:19 pm

Ok i've fixed up some more errors, and i've also made all of the menu options work. Hopefully those who couldn't play because of the sound lag, can now play. I've also added a human turret (Yes, you can rip it off) and now you can enter those grunt turrets. Effects have been added for the plasma pistol (charging), and some other weapons have been fixed. The HUD has also been edited a tiny bit (you probably wont notice) and the weapon clips bugs are fixed.

Im going to work ok turning 'forge' into the real 'forge', instead of just a map editor.

Thanks,

Scotty
Back to top Go down
hotshotscott
Halo Revolution Leader
hotshotscott

PostSubject: Re: Whats the latest goss   Whats the latest goss Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 1:42 am

The 3D Menu is coming along nicely. It's pretty much finished, except the 3D Model Objec that we're using is untextured, so at the moment it's plane white. I won't tell you what the menu looks like, it can be a surprise. Don't expect too much. It's much like the last versions, except there's more to it. Simple, yet nice Smile

I've started on making 'forge' actually forge. So far, so good. It's a long way off finished, but if my progress keeps up, it'll be done in no time Smile It is undecided whether forge should totally erase the level editor, or just be included as well. You will still be able to save your maps in forge (just like the level editor), the only difference is that in forge the game is always running. In the level editor, you can build big levels and set up battles, and then watch them when you press test. If you were to go to make a big battle in forge, as soon as you placed a covenant object with a marine, the battle would already start..

Thanks,

Scotty
Back to top Go down
hotshotscott
Halo Revolution Leader
hotshotscott

PostSubject: More goss   Whats the latest goss Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 2:53 am

Hey guys, as you should know, the level editor has been removed from Halo Revolution. It caused too much frustration for a lot of people, so i decided to delete any existance of it. However, FORGE has been added, where you can create maps easily, and as they're created, they come to life. You can also move objects around, delete them, add more objects while the objects are being 'real'. For example, you can be having a massive battle with marines and the covenant, and you could be adding more covenant, removing covenant (same as marines), pick up covenant and move them around. You can add gravity lifts to fly something up into the air, or anything you want! No more having to build a map, and click test to play it, everything is always playing while you build the map.

You will be able to create your own maps, which means you can add any in-game object you want, including terrain.
You will be able to load your custum made maps, modifying them however you want.
You will be able to load up an inbuilt mutiplayer map (such as bloodgulch..) and can then modify it with any ingame object, except terrain.

The level editor is removed, but FORGE is added, so don't worry Smile So far, everything is working perfectly. BUT you'll have to wait until the next release, and i have no idea when that will be. I might decide to release a version once forge is completed, so you have something to do while we build the campaign..not sure yet..

Also, the 3D menu has been created. It works perfectly, and im quite happy with how it turned out. The next version of HR should be very good for you HR fans Smile

Scotty
Back to top Go down
hotshotscott
Halo Revolution Leader
hotshotscott

PostSubject: Re: Whats the latest goss   Whats the latest goss Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 6:58 am

Time for some more news i guess. We've been extremely busy lately (the team), but i've still managed to make some progress. FORGE is working very well, if you'd like to check out a preview video, head on over to the GMC topic and it's in my first post.

I have mainly been working on Forge, The Menu, The Profile System and some more random stuff lately. You can now fire the secondary shot in banshees using the right mouse button (fuel rod), and marine banshees now fly above the ground (they're shown in front, they can't go behind). I've added a new background, for the bloodgultch map which i've been working on a little bit. It's going very well Smile As for the profile system, i've been working on something for the team members, so we benefit from playing. All of the team is able to use cheats, have more helmets, special items, whereas everyone else is limited to what they can have.

I have gone through the 35 list helmets, and have taken out a lot that we no longer want. There are only the 10 main one's from Halo 3 that you guys can choose from, but the team will be able to choose from another 12 (custum made).

The menu is looking awesome, it's glitchless, and pretty much 100% finished. I still have to create a controls screen, where you will be able to choose your own custom controls, and these will save when you exit the game, but other then that, the menu is finished.

So please stick with us, hopefully we'll have a strong glitchless demo released in no time for you all to play Smile

Thanks,

Scotty
Back to top Go down
hotshotscott
Halo Revolution Leader
hotshotscott

PostSubject: Re: Whats the latest goss   Whats the latest goss Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 5:37 am

Hmm lets see, where do I begin..

This week i re-programmed the profile system. There can now be unlimited profiles, whereas before there was a limit to 10. I know, who the hell would have more then ten profiles!! It's also faster, because i used better methods this time! Smile

FORGE is becoming more complete! It's very much bug free, and is quick, easy and fun to use. Even I enjoy mucking around with it, even though i test the game around 100 times a day lol

I began working on the multiplayer blood gulch map as well, and it is pretty much finished. The bases have been added/fully programmed, you can enter the inside and outside of both of them, without changing rooms. I have also fully programmed CTF mode, and although it's only 1 player at the moment, it's ready to be programmed for online. Taking Flags, Returning Flags, Scoring etc has all fully be programmed, and there's some nice voices to go along with it ("Red Team Scored", "Red Team, Flag Returned", "Blue Team has the flag", "30 Seconds Remaining" etc). I know it sounds pretty stupid at the moment because it's only one player, but for testing reasons (and i'll leave it in for you guys if we release before online is added), you can switch teams and steal the other flag etc.

The game file itself has been cleaned up dramatically, because i thought i'd better have it clean now that we're expanding so much.

Other then that, and the usual bug kills, i don't think i've done too much. (I say that like i haven't done much! I HAVE!)

Now i'm going to make a screenshot page (can't believe we still don't have one) and I will be posting new screenshots.

Scotty
Back to top Go down
hotshotscott
Halo Revolution Leader
hotshotscott

PostSubject: Re: Whats the latest goss   Whats the latest goss Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 4:59 am

Ok well just some more 'goss'. All of this week, and for the next 2 weeks i will not be able to work on HR (Much) as i have TAFE (Training for my job..) and it's a full day, and i don't get much rest. I do however still program on weekends (like today) and some afternoons, depending on how im feeling.

I have however found the major lag problem! (YES!). I can now play my blood gulch map in forge, or without forge mode with a pretty strong fps of 30.

I created a red and blue spawning object, which can be placed in FORGE, or moved around with in forge. (and deleted of course). If you're on the red team, when you die you will randomly spawn at one of these spawning points. The same for the blue, it's pretty cool. If you have deleted all of these spawn points, don't worry, you'll spawn at a designated area, depending on the map. I just have to add some sounds for respawning, and it should be all good Smile

I have added a custom controls system, where you can easily choose your best control settings. This information does not yet store, but this will be added soon.

I fixed the vehicles smoke. It's now displayed at a more correct position, and only smokes when driving.

I can't remember everything i've done...(there's definetly more then this..), but my next 'goss' post will have heaps more.

Im also thinking about releasing an early demo, depending on how things go. As i said, i am away for 3 weeks, and 2 of my team mates are also very busy. We aren't progressing as much as i'd like to, but that's life. So i might release an early demo because we're all so busy, and when we get back we'll just go from there.

Thanks,

Scotty
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats the latest goss   Whats the latest goss Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whats the latest goss
Page 1 of 1